Highlights of this trip: Vancouver – Fraser Canyon – Mount Revelstoke National Park – Glacier & Yoho National Park – Icefields Parkway – Maligne Lake – 100 Mile House – Prince Rupert – Campell River – Vancouver Island – Vancouver
1. Day: Vancouver
Übernahme vom Wohnmobil oder Camper. Lernen das neue Zuhause kennen. Halt beim nächsten Einkaufszentrum um sich kulinarisch einzudecken. Anschliessend behagliches Einrichten auf dem Campingplatz.
2. Day: Vancouver - Whistler (approx. 125 km)
Drive on the Sea-to-Sky-Highway to Whistler, well for winter and summer sport activities. Go up with the Gondola on Peak 2.
3. Day: Whistler - Sun Peaks (approx. 385 km)
Scenic drive via Fraser Canyon to Sun Peaks.
4. Day: Sun Peaks - Revelstoke (approx. 270 km)
Varied and fertile landscape to Revelstoke. Visit Shushwap Lake and Mount Revelstoke Nationalpark.
5. Day: Revelstoke - Banff NP (approx. 285 km)
Drive through Glacier Nationalpark, Yoho Nationalpark with the turquoise blue Emerald Lake to Banff in the middle of the Rocky Mountains.
6. Day: Banff NP
Enjoy a full day in Banff Nationalpark and the small city of Banff. The area is well known for outdoor activities. Hike up on Sulphur Mountain or take the gondola.
7. Day: Banff NP - Jasper NP (approx. 290 km)
One of the most scenic drives in Canada. Icefields Parkway between Lake Louise and Jasper. Visit Bow Lake, Peyto Lake and Columbia Icefield.
8. Day: Jasper NP
Full day to explore Jasper Nationalpark. Maligne Lake and Spirit Island is the lake which is most seen in all travel guides and promotional material.
9. Day: Jasper NP - Clearwater (approx. 350 km)
Take Yellowhead Highway and pass by Mount Robson, the highest elevation in the Rocky Mountains.
10. Day: Clearwater - 100 Mile House (approx. 140 km)
In the morning visit Wells Grey Provincial Park with Dawson and Helmcken Falls. Afterwards drive to 100 Mile House.
11. Day: 100 Mile House - Prince George (approx. 330 km)
Barkerville was the main town of the Cariboo Gold Rush.
12. Day: Prince George - Smithers (approx. 375 km)
Drive through pure nature. Enjoy the loneliness and quietness.
13. Day: Smithers - Prince Rupert (approx. 350 km)
Through the Skeena River valley drive to Prince Rupert. Prince Rupert is a port city on a fjord-like coast surrounded by water and mountains.
14. Day: Prince Rupert - Port Hardy (approx. 40 km)
Take the ferry and enjoy the fabulous and legendary drive of the Inside Passage.
15. Day: Port Hardy - Campbell River (approx. 240 km)
Campbell River is world famous captial city of salmon. Many different salmon can be seen when crossing the Discovery Passage.
16. Day: Campbell River - Tofino (approx. 290 km)
Drive accross Vancouver Island to Tofino. Visit Horne Lake Caves.
17. Day: Tofino
Visit Pacific Rim Nationalpark with its different animals and plants. A special experience is a whalewatching tour in a zodiak.
18. Day: Tofino - Victoria (approx. 320 km)
Drive to Victoria and visit Parksville and see the totem pole in Duncan.
19. Day: Victoria
Explore the area of Victoria and it's surroundings. Today is the last chance to go on a whalewatching tour.
20. Day: Victoria - Vancouver (approx. 70 km)
Take the ferry to Vancouver. Enjoiy the cosmopolitan city with Stanley Park, Robson Street, Harbour area.
21. Day: Vancouver
Return your vehicle.