Highlights of this trip: Darwin, Kakadu National Park – Lake Argyle – Bungle Bungle – Gibb River Road – Windjana Gorge National Park – Broome – 80 Mile Beach – Kirijini National Park – Exmouth – Swan Valley – Perth
1. Day: Darwin
Übernahme vom 4x4-Fahrzeug. Lernen Sie Ihr neues Zuhause kennen und gewöhnen Sie sich an den Linksverkehr. Halt im nächsten Einkaufszentrum um sich kulinarisch einzudecken. Einrichten auf dem 1. Campingplatz.
2. Day: Darwin - Kakadu NP (approx. 250 km)
Drive to Kakadu National Park. Ubirr is within the East Alligator region and is known for its rock art. From the top of Ubirr rock there is a panoramic view of the floodplains and escarpments.
3. Day: Kakadu NP
Enjoy a full day in Kakadu National Park.
4. Day: Kakadu NP - Katherine (approx. 250 km)
Drive through the south part of the Kakadu National Park to Katherine. You can take a boat tour to the Katherine Gorge.
5. Day: Katherine - Lake Argyle (approx. 520 km)
Today you leave already the Northern Territory and enter Western Australia. Drive through Gregory National Park and to Lake Argyle.
6. Day: Lake Argyle - Purnululu NP (approx. 310 km)
Leave early in the morning and drive along the Spring Creek Track to Purnululu National Park. Enjoy the Bungle Bungle Range. Sandstone domes with their striping in alternating orange and grey bands.
7. Day: Purnululu NP
Enjoy a full day hiking in the Bungle Bungles.
8. Day: Purnululu NP - El Questro Wilderness Park (approx. 330 km)
Drive to the El Questro Wilderness Park. Today is the first part on the famous Gibb River Road.
9. Day: El Questro Wilderness Park
El Questro Wilderness Park is a privately owned Wilderness park that was previously a cattle station located in the Kimberley region. Visit El Questro Gorge Waterfall.
10. Day: El Questro Wilderness Park - Mt. Elizabeth Station (approx. 330 km)
Continue your drive on the Gibb River Road to Mount Elizabeth Station. Kangaroos are guaranteed on the campground.
11. Day: Mt. Elizabeth Station - Windjana Gorge NP (approx. 280 km)
Drive to Windjana Gorge National Park. Enjoy the different coloring of the rocks at sunset.
12. Day: Windjana Gorge NP - Broome (approx. 365 km)
Take a walk early in the morning in the gorge and enjoy changing colors of the rocks in the morning. You will see many bats along the way sleeping in the trees. Afterwards drive to Broome. Shortly after Windjana Gorge NP Gibb River Road ends.
13. Day: Broome
Enjoy a full day in Broome and Cable Beach.
14. Day: Broome - Port Hedland (approx. 620 km)
An early start is recommended. Stop at the Eighty Mile Beach and have a rest and a swim.
15. Day: Port Hedland - Karijini NP (approx. 322 km)
At the entrance to Karijini National Park have a look at the visitor centre.
16. Day: Karijini NP
Take a hike in the park. There are several paths possible. The park is most notable for it's four prominent gorges, marked by waterfalls and water holes.
17. Day: Karijini NP - Exmouth (approx. 685 km)
On your way to Exmouth to pass by Tom Price an iron mine city.
18. Day: Exmouth
Explore Ningaloo Reef by snorking or taking a boat trip. Cape Range National Park is worthwhile a visit.
19. Day: Exmouth - Carnarvon (approx. 370 km)
On your way to Carnarvon pass Gascoyne River and Blow Holes.
20. Day: Carnarvon - Monkey Mia (approx. 350 km)
On the Northwest Highway to Monkey Mia.
21. Day: Monkey Mia - Kalbarri NP (approx. 350 km)
If you are lucky you will see dolphins in the morning. In Kalbarri National Park you will see the "Nature Window". Cliffs of more than 100m, several wind and water eroded rock formations including a sea stack and a natural bridge.
22. Day: Kalbarri NP - Geraldton (approx. 153 km)
Nice drive along the coast and suddenly the landscape is changing. More farmland and cattles.
23. Day: Geraldton - Cervantes (approx. 260 km)
Visit the Pinnacles in Nambung National Park. Natural limestone formations.
24. Day: Cervantes - Swan Valley (approx. 210 km)
Drive to Swan Valley. The wine-making are north of Perth. Visit the Wilderness Park
25. Day: Swan Valley - Perth (approx. 20 km)
Drive to Fremantle is a bit a freaky town. Walk along the harbour and enjoy delicious fish. Drive to Perth and visit King's Park, Hay Street, Riverside and Northpark.
26. Day: Perth
Drop off your vehicle.