Highlights of this trip: Sydney – Kiama – Jervis Bay – Merimbula – Philip Island – Melbourne – Great Ocean Road – Grampians National Park – Adelaide
1. Day: Sydney
Entgegennahme vom Wohnmobil oder Camper. Lernen Sie Ihr neues Zuhause kennen und gewöhnen Sie sich an den Linksverkehr. Fahrt zum nächsten Supermarkt um sich kulinarisch einzudecken, bevor Sie sich auf dem 1. Campingplatz einrichten.
2. Day: Sydney - Kiama (approx. 160 km)
On Princess Highway drive south to the Royal National Park. Take a walk or hike. Highlight are the "Blow Holes" in Kiama.
3. Day: Kiama - Merimbula (approx. 320 km)
Drive to the gorgeous Jervis Bay. Visit the Kuskisson, town of fishers. If you are lucky you will see dolphins in Jervis Bay. Merimbula has marvelous beaches and a vivid esplanade.
4. Day: Merimbula - Metung (approx. 300 km)
Eden formerly a whaling station is now a holiday resort. Visit Lakes Entrance and enjoiy the beautiful coast.
5. Day: Metung - Wilsons Promontory National Park (approx. 270 km)
Visit Wilsons Promontory National Park which is rich in different species of animals. The park is known for its famous inhabitants such as kangaroos, possums and wombats which can be seen the best early in the morning.
6. Day: Wilsons Promontory National Park - Philip Island (approx. 100 km)
On your way to Philip Island visit Inverloch on the Venus Bay. Philip Island is known for the penguin-parade in the evenings.
7. Day: Philip Island - Melbourne (approx. 140 km)
Short drive to Melbourne. Melbourne is on the outlet of the Yarra River. Visit Royal Botanic Gardens, Eureka Tower, Federation Square, Docklands or St. Kilda.
8. Day: Melbourne - Apollo Bay (approx. 195 km)
Drive along the coast to Bells Beach. Here you can watch foolish surfers. Drive on the world famous Great Ocean Road to Apollo Bay.
9. Day: Apollo Bay - Port Fairy (approx. 230 km)
Today you will see the 12 Apostels and London Bridge.
10. Day: Port Fairy - Halls Gap (approx. 160 km)
Drive from the coast through farmland to Halls Gap, the gate to the Grampians National Park.
11. Day: Halls Gap
Enjoy a full day in the Grampians National Park. Take a hike, watch the kangaroos which you can see in the middle of the town.
12. Day: Halls Gap - Narracoorte (approx. 250 km)
Earlier in Narracoorte cattles and sheeps were raised. Enjoy a wine tasting in Coonawarra. Mount Gambier is surrouned by crater lakes.
13. Day: Narracoorte - Adelaide Hills (approx. 380 km)
Nice drive along the coast and visit Coorong National Park with its lakes and impressive birdlife. Continue to Adelaide Hills Wine Region.
14. Day: Adelaide Hills - Adelaide (approx. 135km)
Drive to the famous Barossa Valley. Most known wine region in Australia afterwards continue to Adelaide.
15. Day: Adelaide
All the different places of interest are reachable within 20 minutes walking. Visit the Botanical Gardens, Museum of South Australia. North Terrace invites to stroll.
16. Day: Adelaide
Drop-off your vehicle.